To become an accomplished centre of unique evidence based medical education system in the country with a capacity and capability to share ideas and train other medical institutes in this form of teaching – learning process, to be able to provide the best medical care to the needy with state of the art technology, and to bring forth hypothesis based, community oriented, high impact research which would be able to formulate of National medical management guidelines in all activities related to medical care. To become a name to reckon with in the field of Medical care and Medical education in India.
To carry forward and consolidate the gains of Evidence based education system by implementing the revised evidence based curriculum in all its dimensions in all the constituent institutes thereby giving further impetus to adult learning, enhanced learner participation, patient satisfaction, continuous high quality research and development of more managements protocols suitable to local problems, and in doing so create a new paradigm in medical care and education.
To achieve this vision of university the university has commenced independent research cell working at the Sumandeep Vidyapeeth since June 2008 with the aim of providing a thrust to the research activities that can be carried out at the university.
The research cell works with a special perspective of encouraging the faculty of the University in conducting research work - viz. writing basic research protocols, orientation to the regulatory requirements, managing all the research carried out within the ICH-GCP frame and looking after the Ethical requirements. The Research cell also has a fully functional Institutional Ethics committee and Animal Ethics Committee as per the requirement of regulatory bodies. There is individual Human Research Review Panel(HRRP) of the individual institute. All the institutes HRRP are following the general guidelines of research cell and SOP of SVIEC which is also based on the ICMR Schedule Y and ICH GCP guidelines.
The university has unique evidence based education system which has quality evidence generation, quality evaluation of available evidences and thus students become evidence based health care practitioner. To achieve this goal, a comprehensive research policy is framed which establishes the research environment within which academic staff and postgraduate research students with the following objectives:
· To motivate faculties and students to conduct quality research
· To formulate various hypothesis based research
· To provide state of the art research infrastructure and system for faculty and researchers.
· To monitor all research activities carried out in the campus
· To support faculties and students to generate local evidences which helps to develop state or national health policy
· To develop manpower in such a way that they can do evidence based health care practice.
· To develop excellence at a national and international level for evidence based education system.
· To encourage students for conducting research projects by providing the necessary direction and grants.
· To support clinical trials at the institute by employing sufficient clinical research staff.
· To develop community extension cell of Sumandeep Vidyapeeth for various community based activities & research.
Dr. A.K. Seth (Director, Research Cell, SV)
- Principal of Department of Pharmacy college
- Research Director , SV
- Member Academic council, SV
- Dean, Allied Sciences, SV
- Member, Diploma Pharmacy Syllabus committee AICTE, New Delhi
- Inspector, Pharmacy Council of India
- Chief Editor, Pharma Science Monitor
Dr. Niraj Pandit (Deputy Director, Research Cell, SV)
- Professor, Department of Community Medicine
- Deputy Director, Research Cell, SV
- Member Secretary, Sumandeep Vidyapeeth Institutional Ethics Committee (SVIEC)
- Member of EBES core committee, Sumandeep Vidyapeeth
- Member of Medical Education Unit, SBKS MIRC
- Managing Editor, Journal of Integrated Health Sciences (JIHS)
Clinical Trial / Clinical Research
Mr. Hardik Brahmbhatt
Research Associate, Research Cell.
Mr. Ronak Shah
Research Assistant, Research Cell
Community Extension Programme
Dr. Mayur Waghela
Project Co-ordinator, Research Cell
Clerical and Support Staff
Mrs. Hemali Shukla
Research Clerk, Research Cell
Ms. Leela Makwana
Research Clerk, Research Cell